You are not logged in.

Dear visitor, welcome to Tacticaltrim Community. If this is your first visit here, please read the Help. It explains in detail how this page works. To use all features of this page, you should consider registering. Please use the registration form, to register here or read more information about the registration process. If you are already registered, please login here.

Wednesday, February 1st 2017, 9:55pm

2mm pe platen von s polytec

Hi.

Has anybody used the pe plates from s polytec? I know there are people who used it as a belt stiffener. But i want to use it to stiffen warbelts. Is it possible to sew through the 2mm ? I have an industrial juki so that should not be a problem. I just want to know if the plastic will crack or so. And if it is good for use in battlebelts

Thursday, March 9th 2017, 9:03pm

I've used these plates. I have sewn through the 1 mm plates, not the 2 mm ones. I wouldn't recommend that. Don't think it would work nicely. But do you really need 2 mm stiffener? That's really hard.
Green Ant
Individual Outdoor and Tactical Equipment
fb.com/GreenAntEquipment

Friday, March 10th 2017, 11:22pm

That was the thickness i was advised to use by a mire experienced gearmaker. Di you think 1 mm would be stiff enough to use as a stiffener for battlebelts ?

Sunday, March 12th 2017, 10:41am

Ask S-Polytec for samples. Was no problem when I did.

Just a sidenote: stability is not merely a function of thickness...
Green Ant
Individual Outdoor and Tactical Equipment
fb.com/GreenAntEquipment